Factors that Affect Smile Makeovers – Washington, D.C.
Prepare for Your Smile Makeover Consultation
At Aesthetic & Family Dentistry of Washington, we love helping patients achieve their oral health goals, and one way we combine outstanding dental health with beautiful results is by creating a custom smile makeover plan. A smile makeover includes any number of restorative, cosmetic, and orthodontic services to create a patient’s dream smile. If you’re interested in transforming your smile, contact your Washington, DC cosmetic dentist and team to schedule a smile makeover consultation today.
Components of a Smile Makeover
Before your smile makeover consultation, we invite you to review the various components of your smile we examine:
- Smile restoration and tooth replacement – before beginning any cosmetic treatment plan, it’s essential that patients’ smiles are healthy. The first phase of a smile makeover plan consists of restorative services to correct damage and decay and replace missing teeth.
- Alignment and spacing – crowding or gapping in teeth affect the entire smile, and determining the underlying cause of spacing or alignment concerns and correcting or concealing them dramatically improves smile appearance.
- Smile aesthetics – when we begin the cosmetic portion of the smile makeover plan, we encourage patients to bring photos of smiles they like to use as a starting point. We then examine various cosmetic aspects of teeth including size, shape, texture, and color, and show patients examples of their results.
- Facial characteristics – finally, we determine how the smile makeover plan will impact facial appearance including fullness of lips, the shape of the face, and more.
Your Smile Makeover Plan
Each smile makeover plan is 100% customized for the individual. We start the process with a thorough examination and diagnostic review of your oral health. We review your smile, compare to smiles you like (we invite you to bring photos of your favorite smiles or view samples in office), and create result models. We can manipulate digital images to show your possible results, create temporary try on smiles, or a full wax model. Once we have a thorough understanding of your current oral health and desired results, we develop a detailed treatment plan to transform your smile. Some of the treatments we may utilize include:
- Restorative services – before making cosmetic changes, we encourage patients to attain their healthiest and most beautiful smiles with tooth-colored fillings, all ceramic smile restoration, and dental implant tooth replacement.
- Orthodontic services – the Invisalign orthodontic system offers patients alignment correction without the hassle of traditional braces. We may also recommend cosmetic bonding or porcelain veneers to conceal minor crowding or gapping.
- Cosmetic services – our cosmetic dentistry services are the perfect final step to your smile makeover. Brighten smiles with in-office or at-home teeth whitening, conceal smile flaws with stain resistant porcelain veneers, or choose from any of our other aesthetic dentistry service.
Schedule Your Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation
If you’re ready to stop hiding your smile and start the transformation to your dream smile, contact Aesthetic & Family Dentistry of Washington today. Our skilled cosmetic dentist and team look forward to helping you achieve your smile goals.